Terms and Conditions
Every musical and play represented by ORiGiN™ Theatrical is a copyrighted work and requires a performance license agreement covering each and every performance. This is the case whether the work is being performed in full or part, if an admission fee is being charged or not, if the actors and production staff are being paid or not, if the profits are being kept, distributed amongst the cast and crew or given to charity.
A signed license agreement and full payment of all royalties must be received by ORiGiN™ Theatrical before any performances can take place.
The amateur and professional acting rights to the works contained on this website are owned and or controlled in Australia and New Zealand exclusively by ORiGiN™ Theatrical (the publisher). Permission in writing is required by ORiGiN™ Theatrical before a performance is given. A performance is given any time it is acted before an audience. A royalty fee is payable before each and every performance regardless of whether it is for a non-profit organisation or if an admission is charged.
The publication of this website does not mean that the amateur and professional performance rights are available for all works listed within. It is highly recommended that you apply for performance rights before starting rehearsals and/or booking rehearsal or performance spaces.
The works on this website are fully protected by copyright. No alterations, substitutions or deletions can be made to these works without the prior consent of the publisher. It is expressly prohibited to broadcast, televise, film, videotape, record, translate or transmit to subscribers through a diffusion service that currently exists or is yet to be invented, these works or any portion thereof whatsoever without permission in writing from the publisher.
Copying or reproducing, without permission, of all or any part of this website, in any form, is an infringement of copyright.
Copyright provides the creators with an incentive to invest their time, talent and other resources to create new works. Authors earn their living from the royalties they receive from book sales and from the performance of the work. Copyright law provides a legal framework for control of their creations.
Whenever any of the works are produced, the billing and credit requirements must appear on all programs distributed in connection with the performance and in all instances in which the title of the work appears for the purposes of advertising, seeking publicity for the work or otherwise exploiting the work and/or a performance(s).
While these works may contain references to brand names or trademarks owned by third parties, or make reference to public figures, ORiGiN™ Theatrical should not be considered to be necessarily endorsing or otherwise attempting to promote an affiliation with any of the owners of the brand names or trademarks of public figures. Such references are solely for use in a dramatic context.
If you are in any doubt about any of the above then contact ORiGiN™ Theatrical.
AND HERE ARE THE RULES IN PLAIN ENGLISH FOR YOU...
* DO NOT perform any of these works without getting permission from ORiGiN™ Theatrical first. In 99% of cases you?ll need to pay us money to be allowed to stage a performance. This money goes to the author(s) of the show who shed blood, sweat and tears creating this play. Please don't rob them of their livelihood.
* DO NOT make a copy of any of these works by photocopying, scanning, taking a photo, retyping (on a computer or a typewriter), or using a pencil, pen or chalkboard. If you want to purchase more copies contact ORiGiN™ Theatrical.
* DO NOT make any changes to the text of these works without first getting permission from ORiGiN™ Theatrical in writing. Sometimes you'll be allowed to make changes and sometimes you won't. Please always check with us first.
* DO NOT record your performances or rehearsals of these works in anyway without first getting permission from ORiGiN™ Theatrical. We know everyone wants to try and record everything on their phones these days. We get it. But please don't encourage them or give them permission. Sometimes there are important contractual reasons as to why we can?t give you permission to record it. And sometimes there aren't any reasons and we can say YES. Please just check with us first.
* DO contract ORiGiN™ Theatrical if you have any questions about anything. At all. And we mean anything. One of us that works here (not me) has a peculiar interest in recording the unusual bird calls of the adult hoatzin (a species of tropical bird found in the wet forests and mangroves of the Amazon and the Orinoco delta in South America) so we should be able to answer any questions you have about the Hoatzin. Plus we know some things about some other things too.
* Thank you for taking the time to read this.