The Most Produced Full Length Play in USA high schools in 2021-2022
The USA's Educational Theatre Association have unveiled their annual list of most-produced plays and musicals during the 2021-2022 season. Once again, the most produced play of the year was CLUE -- a title the work has held for three years running.
Based on the Screenplay by Jonathan Lynn
Additional Material by Hunter Foster, Sandy Rustin and Eric Price
Full Length Play, Comedy, Mystery/Thriller, 1950s
Cast: 5M, 5F
On a dark and stormy night, six unique guests, plus a butler and a maid, assemble for a dinner party at the home of Mr. Boddy. When their host turns up dead, it is clear that no one is safe! Soon the guests are racing to find the killer and keep the body count from stacking up.
Other titles available to license from ORiGiN™ Theatrical dominate the top ten most produced list of full-length plays
1. Clue (Sandy Rustin, Hunter Foster, and Eric Price), Broadway Licensing
2. Puffs (Matt Cox), Concord Theatricals
3. A Midsummer Night's Dream (William Shakespeare), public domain
4. Almost, Maine (John Cariani), Dramatists Play Service, Inc.
5. She Kills Monsters (Qui Nguyen), Concord Theatricals
6. 12 Angry Jurors (Reginald Rose), Dramatic Publishing
7. Alice in Wonderland (Lewis Carroll), Various
8. Radium Girls (D.W. Gregory), Dramatic Publishing
9. Peter and the Starcatcher (Rick Elice and Wayne Barker), MTI
10. Our Town (Thornton Wilder), Concord Theatricals